“ How should I answer the first of the application questions ('introduce us to a topic you know about')? ”

Frances T. asked a question in topic Application Advice
to Herbert Smith Freehills Recruitment Team

24/09/2018
For the first of the application questions (Introduce us to a topic you know about), are you looking for personal topics, for example a high level discussion of an academic dissertation topic/ personal hobby/interest that we know a lot about, or are you more looking for a business type story, or opinions on developments/innovations that directly affect HSF's business and future business opportunities (e.g. political turmoil/Artificial intelligence/recent M&A/litigation/other legal case that has interested us)? I can imagine that you receive a lot of answers on very similar topics, so I wanted to write about something a bit different - but just wanted to check that was in your thinking when you wrote the question. Kind Regards, Frances Towers.
09/10/2018
Graduate Recruitment Manager, Herbert Smith Freehills

You can choose any topic that interests you to talk about in this question, it does not have to be commercially focussed. We are looking at your drafting skills and your ability to explain a topic succinctly in this question. We are also interested in finding out more about you and your interests as we are looking for well-rounded individuals to join the firm.

Herbert Smith Freehills

Herbert Smith Freehills is one of the world’s leading professional services businesses, bringing together the best people across our 26 offices, to meet all your legal services needs globally. We can help you realise opportunities while managing risk.

Visit website