“ Is there anything in particular a non-law student can do to better prepare for the case study interview? ”

Neal R. asked a question
during the live chat Live Chat: Assessment Centre Tips
to Herbert Smith Freehills Recruitment Team

12/02/2019
5 Live chat
12/02/2019
Senior Associate, Herbert Smith Freehills

Hi Neal - I've just sent a response to Olha on this which you can see in the discussion. If you've got any follow-up questions, please let me know.

12/02/2019
Neal R.

Hi Ajay - thank you very much I've just seen your response, it was very helpful! I am also a joint honours philosophy student so out of interest, do you feel that you have used your degree in your career as a lawyer?

12/02/2019

I can't say that I have often referred to my training in metaphysics when discussing legal issues with my clients!

However, I very often try to tackle complicated problems by going back to first principles and then tracking it through. This way of approaching issues helps me be clear about what the relevant rules are, we want to achieve and then the best way of doing that.

12/02/2019
Neal R.

I'm sure your clients are also appreciative of that! That's great to hear I'll definitely keep that in mind, thank you for your response.

12/02/2019

Thanks, Neal. Good luck!

Herbert Smith Freehills

Herbert Smith Freehills is one of the world’s leading professional services businesses, bringing together the best people across our 26 offices, to meet all your legal services needs globally. We can help you realise opportunities while managing risk.

Visit website